Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1/3 Cup Almond Butter (I used Maple Almond Butter)
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Dry Sweetener (I used an additional 1/2 cup of applesauce instead)
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups oat flour
- 1/3 cup sorghum flour (gluten free) or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoonn baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats (not quick-cooking or instand)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat baking mats.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a strong fork to beat together the almond butter , applesauce, and sweetener. Once relatively smooth, mix in vanillae extract
- Add in the Oat Flour, Sorghum flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well. Stir in oats and raisons, mix well. The dough will be stiff.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and place on the prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Flatten the cookies a bit, so that they resemble thick discs (they don’t spread much at all during baking). Bake for 8-10 minutes. The longer you bake them the crispier they will be.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutrition per Cookie: Calories 65, Fat 2.4g, Carbs 10, Sugar 3